Training: Successful completion of a Nevada Certification Board (NCB) approved doula training, or a combination of approved training, or doula certification* that includes:
- The core competencies of:
- Perinatal counseling and support services
- Labor support
- Infant care
- Cultural competency
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance
- Trauma informed care
Additional Certification: Adult/infant CPR certification
Experience: Attendance at a minimum of one birth within the past 5 years, with a recommendation submitted to NCB by the birthing individual (via Certemy credentialing management system)
Code of Ethics: The applicant must agree to adhere to the NCB Certified Doula Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct.
Residency Requirements: The applicant must live or work in Nevada at least 50% of the time to be certified by the Nevada Certification Board and maintain that certification.
Application fee: $75
Recertification: 20 hours of NCB approved continuing education every two years in the doula competencies below and a renewal fee of $50.
- Birthing Advocacy (BADT)
- Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association (CAPPA)
- Childbirth International
- Doula Training International
- Doulas of North America (DONA)
- The International Doula Institute
- Additional certifications upon approval of the NCB Doula Advisory Committee and/or the NCB Curriculum and CEU committee
- Grandfathering may be possible on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact Natalie Powell with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org