Birth Doula Certification Requirements
Required Training for Initial Birth Doula Certification
- An NCB approved foundational birth doula training that includes the core competencies of:
- Perinatal counseling and support services
- Labor support
- Infant care
- Cultural competency/Cultural humility (a minimum of six hours)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance (a minimum of one hour)
- Trauma informed care (a minimum of four hours)
Please see Foundational Training section details.
Additional Certification: Adult/infant CPR certification
Experience: Attendance at a minimum of one birth within the past 5 years, with a recommendation submitted to NCB by the birthing individual (via Certemy credentialing management system)
Code of Ethics: The applicant must agree to adhere to the NCB Certified Doula Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct.
Residency Requirements: The applicant must live or work in Nevada at least 50% of the time to be certified by the Nevada Certification Board and maintain that certification.
Application fee: $100
Recertification: 10 hours of NCB approved continuing education every two years in the doula competencies below and a renewal fee of $50.
Please contact Natalie Powell with any questions: email@example.com