Community Health Worker (CCHW) I Requirements
- Nevada Certification Board approved CCHW Training
- Signed Code of Ethics
- All candidates must attest to the following:
- I understand that in order to be employed as a CCHW, I may be required by my employer to complete a CPR/First Aid Training course, obtain a TB Test, and submit to a background check.
- Residency Requirement:
- You must live or work in Nevada at least 50% of the time to be certified by the Nevada Certification Board and to maintain that certification.
- Recertification: A renewal few of $50 and20 hours of continuing education* in the Nevada CHW Competencies earned every two years, including four (4) hours of training in cultural competency/humility/sensitivity.
- Cultural Competence/Cultural Humility: According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), “Cultural Humility is “an attitude through which an individual learns about other cultures in conjunction with becoming more aware of one’s own beliefs and identities, intended to result in greater mutual understanding, equity, honesty, and trustworthy relationships. (CDC’s National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (NCCDPHP) Health Equity Glossary)
* For all continuing education hours (CEHs), please submit a certificate of attendance or participation from an approved training organization that includes the following information:
- Name of training organization(s) and/or sponsor(s)
- Title of training/conference
- Date(s) of training/conference
- Name of participant/attendee
- Hours of attendance/participation
For all NCB initial applications and certification renewals, please allow up to ten (10) business days for approvals of any application steps/submissions in your online application in the Certemy system. If you have been waiting for more than ten (10) business days, please email NCB at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (775) 784-1282