The Nevada Certification Board (NCB) is pleased to announce the launch of internationally recognized, IC&RC Prevention Specialist Certification in Nevada.
“Quality care requires a competent workforce that is well trained, educated, and skilled in providing appropriate services.” -The International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
Certification allows prevention professionals:
- Enhanced career standing and the potential for advancement
For additional details, requirements for education and experience, applications, and a list of frequently asked questions, see nevadacertboard.org or contact Natalie Powell, email@example.com.
See the CASAT training website for upcoming SAPST and Prevention Ethics trainings that meet certification requirements.
The cost for initial certification is $255 ($250 if paid by check).
For information on the IC&RC Certified Prevention Specialist examination please email Natalie Powell: firstname.lastname@example.org.
REQUIREMENTS for CERTIFIED PREVENTION SPECIALISTS (CPS)
- Experience: 2,000 hours of prevention work experience specific to the PS domains, within the past seven years.
- Education: High school diploma or jurisdictionally certified high school equivalency. 120 hours specific to the domains, completed within the past five years. 24 hours must be ATOD specific. Six hours must be in prevention ethics and must have been completed within the past two years.
- Supervision: 120 hours specific to the domains with a minimum of ten hours in each domain within the past seven years.
- Examination: CBs must require all applicants to pass the IC&RC PS Examination.
- Code of Ethics: The applicant must agree to adhere to the NBC Prevention Specific Code of Ethics.
- Recertification: 40 hours of continuing education earned every two years, including 6 hours of training in prevention ethics.
- The acronym CBs used above refers to “Certification Boards.”
- Planning & Evaluation
- Prevention Education & Service Delivery
- Community Organization
- Public Policy & Environmental Change
- Professional Growth & Responsibility